Have you got a missing tooth or teeth? Unsure how you want to replace it? Dental implants may provide just the solution you are looking for.
A dental implant is a titanium screw that can be placed into the jaw to replace the root of a tooth. It can then be used to support a crown, bridge or denture, replacing one or several missing teeth.
- Next best thing to healthy, natural teeth – Strong and stable, a dental implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth. Other options can lead to bone deterioration, and may interfere with eating, smiling, speaking and other activities of everyday life.
- Enjoy life without worrying about your teeth! – Teeth restored with dental implants are teeth that let you, not your teeth, lead your life.
- Retain your natural face shape, and smile – A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad. Dental implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and smile.
- Protect healthy bone – Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and stimulates natural bone.
- Keep your teeth in your mouth – not in a cup – Dental implants allow you to keep your teeth where they belong – in your mouth. Brush, floss and care for teeth that have been replaced using implants exactly the way you would natural teeth.
- More predictable than other repair and restoration methods – Dental implants have a track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes and if cared for properly they should last for many years.