Recent surveys have shown that a bright, white smile can help to make someone appear younger and more attractive. Your smile is often the first thing a new person will notice when they meet you, so why not make 2017 the year you ensure that your teeth are in the best possible condition.
- Hygienist appointments
The dental hygienist specialises in preventative dentistry, in particular the treatment of gum disease and other periodontal conditions. The hygienist will thoroughly scale and polish your teeth to give your smile a lift.
- The hygienist will be able to polish your teeth to remove food and drink stains
- Regular scaling and polishing helps to keep your teeth and gums health by removing plaque and calculus that can build up and cause gum disease.
- Demonstrations on effective tooth brushing can help you to remove plaque without causing tooth wear and receding gums keeping your teeth bright in between appointments
- White Fillings
White fillings can now be used in nearly any tooth in your mouth. A white or composite filling is made up of a mixture of glass particles, synthetic resin and a setting ingredient.
- Once in your mouth, no one will be able to notice white fillings as they blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- White fillings are usually light cured, which is where a bright light is used to harden the composite mixture and set it. This means that you will be able to eat and drink as normal as soon as the anaesthetic wears off.
- White fillings can be bonded to your tooth and this means once applied the tooth will often be stronger than they were before.
- Dental Implants
Dental implants can help to restore your smile, replacing gaps caused by missing teeth. Dental implants can be used to support either crowns, bridges or dentures depending on the number of teeth to be replaced.
- Dental implants are the next best thing to healthy natural teeth. Restoring a lost tooth so it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth.
- Teeth restored with dental implants are teeth that let you, not your teeth, lead your life
- A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad. Dental implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and smile.
- Teeth Whitening
Teeth Whitening is an effective and affordable way to enhance the appearance of your smile. Teeth Whitening can help to give your teeth back their sparkle by removing stains caused by food, drink, smoking, ageing and medications.
- Teeth Whitening is an excellent way to improve your appearance. Having a beautiful smile is now within the reach of anybody who wants it.
- A whiter smile tends to minimise the appearance of facial wrinkles, giving way to a more youthful and energetic appearance.
- Teeth Whitening can help to boost a person’s self-confidence
- Teeth Straightening
Teeth straightening can have a dramatic impact on the appearance of your teeth and smile, no matter what your age is. There are a wide range of teeth straightening procedures available and your dentist will be able to advise on the best one to suit your needs.
- Teeth straightening can help to improve your confidence and self-esteem, allowing you to achieve things you never thought were possible.
- Teeth straightening helps your gums to fit more securely around your teeth and in the long term this can help to reduce the risk of teeth loss.
- Teeth straightening and properly aligning the bite, reduces discomfort and wear caused to your mouth and jaw.
- Smile Makeover
A smile makeover uses a number of different cosmetic dental treatment to completely change the appearance of your teeth and smile. A smile makeover takes into account your facial appearance, skin tine, hair colour, teeth, gums and lips to develop your ideal smile.
- Patients have confidence in their new smile which spills over into social and work related situations.
- It is possible for dramatic results to be achieved in relatively few appointments, so a smile makeover can be a great way to prepare for an important event.
- Teeth that have been straightened, repaired and replaced are easier to keep clean. By maintaining a good oral hygiene routine, you can help to keep your teeth looking their best for years to come.
What are you waiting for? Call West Wickham Dental Practice today on 0208 776 1188 to book your consultation and start your journey to a sparkling smile.